Today would have been Jimmy Doohan’s 91st birthday. The legendary actor who played the role of chief engineer Montgomery Scot in the Star Trek television series and movies. He passed away on July 20th, 2005 at the age of 85.
In memory of Jimmy, I will leave you with a list of reasons why Scotty made a great chief engineer.
– He always took pride in his work “Laddy, don’t you think you should rephrase that?”
– He could throw a good punch
– He always kept the Enterprise in one piece when Kirk and Spock were away.
– He could drink Alien hijackers under the table any day.
– He always managed to “change” the laws of physics, even if he complained about it every step of the way.
– He always multiplies his repair time estimates by a factor of four.
– He knows his way around a computer
– He knows the ship like the back of his hand
– Morse code is a useful tool for bustin’ yo posse outta’ jail
– Moonlights as a bag piper. He does weddings, funerals and bar mitzvahs