This dish is simple and delicious. It’s great any night of the week, and it’s quite easy to prepare.
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cups of mushrooms, sliced (your favourite kind)
- 1-3 cloves of garlic, chopped (to taste)
- Dried thyme (to taste)
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1 tbsp of butter
- heavy cream (as much as you need)
- Olive oil
Part 1: The Chicken
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pre-heat a large skillet on med-high. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil.
- Place the chicken legs in the skillet and sear on both sides for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not burn. As the second side browns add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and thyme.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Place the skillet in the oven and roast until cooked through. Chicken is cooked when internal temperature reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken legs from skillet and place on a serving dish. Cover it with tinfoil and let it rest as you prepare the sauce.
Part 2: The Sauce
- Place the skillet (still containing the mushrooms, onions and pan drippings) on hot burner. If there is excess juices from chicken, drain some away.
- Add heavy cream to de-glaze pan. Simmer and reduce until sauce looks thick and creamy.
- Add butter just before sauce finishes and check for seasoning.
Part 3: Putting it all Together
Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with roasted potatoes (or rice) and a green vegetable. I like to garnish the chicken with some finely chopped parsley.